There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- The degree of bachelor of arts the first or lowest academical degree conferred by universities and colleges.
- (United States) A baccalaureate sermon.
- A highschool complition exam in a number of European Countries (France, Romania, Moldova).
- Pertaining to a bachelor of arts.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Bac"ca*lau"re*ate (&?;), n. [NL.
baccalaureatus, fr. LL. baccalaureus a bachelor of arts, fr.
baccalarius, but as if fr. L. bacca lauri bayberry, from the
practice of the bachelor's wearing a garland of bayberries. See
Bachelor.] 1. The degree of bachelor of arts
(B.A. or A.B.), the first or lowest academical degree conferred by
universities and colleges.
2. A baccalaureate sermon. [U.S.]
Bac`ca*lau"re*ate, a. Pertaining to a
bachelor of arts.
Baccalaureate sermon, in some American colleges, a
sermon delivered as a farewell discourse to a graduating class.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Baccalauriate
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Baccalaureate
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.