- (Mythology) A feast or an orgy in honor of Bacchus.
- Hence: A drunken feast; drunken revels; an orgy.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
||Bac`cha*na"li*a (-nā"l&ibreve;*&adot;), n.
pl. [L. Bacchanal a place devoted to Bacchus; in the pl.
Bacchanalia a feast of Bacchus, fr. Bacchus the god of wine,
1. (Myth.) A feast or an orgy in honor of
2. Hence: A drunken feast; drunken revels; an
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
Bacchanalia, a festival, originally of a loose and riotous
character, in honour of Bacchus.
You arrived here by searching for Bacchanalea
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Bacchanalia
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.