There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- The action of slandering a person without that person's knowledge.
- 1303 No custummable bakbytyng God.... — Robert Manning of Brune, Handlyng synne
- 1862 Not given to backbiting. — Anthony Trollope, Orley Farm
- Describes a person who slanders or speaks badly of a person without that person's knowledge.
- 1580 Backbiting talk that flattering blabs know wily how to blenge. — Thomas Tusser, A hundreth good pointes of husbandrie
- 1873 Am I to have a backbiting wife? — Rhoda Broughton, Nancy
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Back"bit`ing (&?;), n. Secret slander;
Backbiting, and bearing of false witness.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Backbitng
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Backbiting
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.