There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- A Protestant denomination of Christianity, which believes in the baptism of believers.
- An adherent of this denomination.
- (Archaic) One who performs baptism.
- Of, relating to, or adhering to the religious denomination.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Bap"tist (&?;), n. [L. baptista, G.
1. One who administers baptism; -- specifically
applied to John, the forerunner of Christ. Milton.
2. One of a denomination of Christians who deny the
validity of infant baptism and of sprinkling, and maintain that baptism
should be administered to believers alone, and should be by immersion. See
In doctrine the Baptists of this country [the United States] are
Calvinistic, but with much freedom and moderation. Amer. Cyc.
Freewill Baptists, a sect of Baptists who are
Arminian in doctrine, and practice open communion. -- Seventh-
day Baptists, a sect of Baptists who keep the seventh day of
the week, or Saturday, as the Sabbath. See Sabbatarian. The Dunkers
and Campbellites are also Baptists.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Bapist
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Baptist
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.