There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- To sprinkle or pour water over, or to immerse in water, as a spiritual cleansing process in the rite of Christian baptism.
- To dedicate or christen.
- (vulgar) Of rum, brandy, or any other spirits, to lower with water.
- (vulgar) To ensure proper burning of a joint by moistening the exterior with saliva.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Bap*tize" (&?;), v. t. [imp. & p.
p. Baptized (&?;); p. pr. & vb. n.
Baptizing.] [F. baptiser, L. baptizare, fr.Gr.
&?;. See Baptism.] 1. To administer the
sacrament of baptism to.
2. To christen ( because a name is given to infants
at their baptism); to give a name to; to name.
I'll be new baptized;
Henceforth I never will be Romeo.
3. To sanctify; to consecrate.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Bapize
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Baptize
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.