There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- a grain of barley
- (British, obsolete)the length of such a grain; a unit of length of approximately one third (or sometimes one quarter) of an inch or 8mm.
- (architecture. woodworking) a small groove between two mouldings
- In English tradition John Barleycorn personifies beer and whisky which are produced from malt a product of barley.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Bar"ley*corn` (&?;), n. [See Corn.]
1. A grain or "corn" of barley.
2. Formerly , a measure of length, equal to the
average length of a grain of barley; the third part of an inch.
John Barleycorn, a humorous personification of
barley as the source of malt liquor or whisky.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Barleycarn
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Barleycorn
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.