- a form of corporal punishment in which the bare soles of the feet are beaten with a stick or truncheon.
- to punish someone by beating someone on the bare soles of the feet, usign a stick or truncheon.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
BASTINADO, n. The act of walking on wood without exertion.
- 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue
Bas`ti*na"do (&?;), n.; pl.
Bastinadoes (&?;). [Sp. bastonada (cf. F.
bastonnade), fr. baston (cf. F. bâton) a stick
or staff. See Baston.]
1. A blow with a stick or cudgel.
2. A sound beating with a stick or cudgel.
Specifically: A form of punishment among the Turks, Chinese, and others,
consisting in beating an offender on the soles of his feet.
Bas`ti*na"do, v. t. [imp. & p.
p. Bastinadoed (&?;); p. pr. & vb. n.
Bastinadoing.] To beat with a stick or cudgel, especially on
the soles of the feet.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Bastindo
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Bastinado
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.