- A liquid to be consumed, usually excluding water; a drink.
- pertaining to a beverage or beverages
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
BEVERAGE. Garnish money, or money for drink, demanded
of any one having a new suit of clothes.
- The Devil's Dictionary (Ambrose Bierce)
Bev"er*age (&?;), n. [OF. bevrage, F.
breuvage, fr. beivre to drink, fr. L. bibere. Cf.
Bib, v. t., Poison, Potable.]
1. Liquid for drinking; drink; -- usually applied to
drink artificially prepared and of an agreeable flavor; as, an intoxicating
He knew no beverage but the flowing stream.
2. Specifically, a name applied to various kinds of
3. A treat, or drink money. [Slang]
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Beveage
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Beverage
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.