There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- Consisting of two names or terms, such as genus and species.
- (algebra) A polynomial with two terms.
- (algebra) A quantity expressed as the sum or difference of two terms.
- (biology) A taxonomic name with two terms (e.g. Cannabis sativa)
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Bi*no"mi*al (&?;), n. [L. bis twice +
nomen name: cf. F. binome, LL. binomius (or fr. bi-
+ Gr. &?; distribution ?). Cf. Monomial.] (Alg.)
An expression consisting of two terms connected by the sign plus (+)
or minus (-); as, a + b, or 7 - 3.
Bi*no"mi*al, a. 1.
Consisting of two terms; pertaining to binomials; as, a
2. (Nat. Hist.) Having two names; -- used of
the system by which every animal and plant receives two names, the one
indicating the genus, the other the species, to which it belongs.
Binomial theorem (Alg.), the theorem which
expresses the law of formation of any power of a binomial.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Binoial
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Binomial
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.