There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- (zoology) A flexible sac that can expand and contract and that holds liquids or gases.
- (anatomy) Specifically, the urinary bladder.
- (botany) A hollow, inflatable organ of a plant.
- The inflatable bag inside a various balls used in sport, such as footballs and rugby balls.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Blad"der (&?;), n. [OE. bladder,
bleddre, AS. bl&?;dre, bl&?;ddre; akin to Icel.
bla&?;ra, SW. bläddra, Dan. blære, D.
blaar, OHG. blātara the bladder in the body of animals,
G. blatter blister, bustule; all fr. the same root as AS.
blāwan, E. blow, to puff. See Blow to puff.]
1. (Anat.) A bag or sac in animals, which
serves as the receptacle of some fluid; as, the urinary bladder; the
gall bladder; -- applied especially to the urinary bladder, either
within the animal, or when taken out and inflated with air.
2. Any vesicle or blister, especially if filled
with air, or a thin, watery fluid.
3. (Bot.) A distended, membranaceous
4. Anything inflated, empty, or unsound. "To
swim with bladders of philosophy." Rochester.
Bladder nut, or Bladder tree
(Bot.), a genus of plants (Staphylea) with bladderlike
seed pods. -- Bladder pod (Bot.), a genus
of low herbs (Vesicaria) with inflated seed pods. --
Bladdor senna (Bot.), a genus of shrubs
(Colutea), with membranaceous, inflated pods. --
Bladder worm (Zoöl.), the larva of any
species of tapeworm (Tænia), found in the flesh or other parts
of animals. See Measle, Cysticercus. -- Bladder
wrack (Bot.), the common black rock weed of the
seacoast (Fucus nodosus and F. vesiculosus) -- called also
bladder tangle. See Wrack.
Blad"der, v. t. [imp. & p.
p. Bladdered (&?;); p. pr. & vb. n.
Bladdering.] 1. To swell out like a bladder
with air; to inflate. [Obs.] G. Fletcher.
2. To put up in bladders; as, bladdered
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Bldder
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Bladder
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.