- Some kind of divine or supernatural aid, or reward.
- A pronouncement invoking divine aid.
- Good fortune.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
BLESSING. A small quantity over and above the measure,
usually given by hucksters dealing in peas, beans, and
- The Devil's Dictionary (Ambrose Bierce)
Bless"ing, n. [AS. bletsung. See
Bless, v. t.] 1. The act of
one who blesses.
2. A declaration of divine favor, or an invocation
imploring divine favor on some or something; a benediction; a wish of
This is the blessing, where with Moses the man of God
blessed the children of Israel.
Deut. xxxiii. 1.
3. A means of happiness; that which promotes
prosperity and welfare; a beneficent gift.
Nature's full blessings would be well dispensed.
4. (Bib.) A gift. [A Hebraism]
Gen. xxxiii. 11.
5. Grateful praise or worship.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Blessng
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Blessing
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.