There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- the act of people getting aboard a ship or aircraft; embarkation
- the act of a sailor or boarding party attacking an enemy ship
- a structure made of boards
- riding a skateboard
- (ice hockey) a penalty called for pushing into the boards
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Board"ing, n. 1.
(Naut.) The act of entering a ship, whether with a hostile or a
Both slain at one time, as they attempted the
boarding of a frigate.
Sir F. Drake.
2. The act of covering with boards; also, boards,
collectively; or a covering made of boards.
3. The act of supplying, or the state of being
supplied, with regular or specified meals, or with meals and lodgings, for
Boarding house, a house in which boarders are
kept. -- Boarding nettings (Naut.), a
strong network of cords or ropes erected at the side of a ship to prevent
an enemy from boarding it. -- Boarding pike
(Naut.), a pike used by sailors in boarding a vessel, or in
repelling an attempt to board it. Totten. -- Boarding
school, a school in which pupils receive board and lodging as
well as instruction.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Boaring
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Boarding
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.