There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- To attack something with bombs, artillery shells, or other missiles. Syn. to bomb.
- (physics) to direct an intense stream of high-energy particles, usually sub-atomic or made of at most a few atoms, at a substance.
- (figurative) to supply large amounts of information, questions, etc. to a person or entity. The company was bombarded with enquiries.
* (io): bombardar
*Indonesian: membomi, memborbardir
*Interlingua: bombardar, bombar
*Japanese: 爆撃 (ばくげき, bakugeki)
*Korean: 폭격하다 (pokgyeokhada)
*Latin: urbem tormentis verberare, bombardare
- a medieval form of cannon, used chiefly in sieges for throwing heavy stone balls.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Bom"bard (&?;), n. [F. bombarde, LL.
bombarda, fr. L. bombus + -ard. Cf. Bumper, and
see Bomb.] 1. (Gun.) A piece of heavy
ordnance formerly used for throwing stones and other ponderous missiles. It
was the earliest kind of cannon.
They planted in divers places twelve great bombards,
wherewith they threw huge stones into the air, which, falling down into the
city, might break down the houses.
2. A bombardment. [Poetic & R.] J.
3. A large drinking vessel or can, or a leather
bottle, for carrying liquor or beer. [Obs.]
Yond same black cloud, yond huge one, looks like a foul
bombard that would shed his liquor.
4. pl. Padded breeches. [Obs.]
Bombard phrase, inflated language; bombast.
[Obs.] B. Jonson.
Bom"bard (&?;), n. [OE. bombarde, fr.
F. bombarde.] (Mus.) See Bombardo.
Bom*bard" (&?;), v. t. [imp. & p.
p. Bombarded; p. pr. & vb. n.
Bombarding.] To attack with bombards or with artillery;
especially, to throw shells, hot shot, etc., at or into.
Next, she means to bombard Naples.
His fleet bombarded and burnt down Dieppe.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Bomard
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Bombard
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.