- (colloquial) A member of security personnel employed by bars, clubs, etc to maintain order and deal with patrons who cause trouble.
- (Cricket) A short pitched ball that bounces up towards, or above the height of the batsman's head.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
BOUNCER. A large man or woman; also a great lie.
- The Devil's Dictionary (Ambrose Bierce)
Boun"cer (&?;), n. 1.
One who bounces; a large, heavy person who makes much noise in
2. A boaster; a bully. [Collog.]
3. A bold lie; also, a liar. [Collog.]
4. Something big; a good stout example of the
The stone must be a bouncer.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Boncer
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Bouncer
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.