There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- That which braces, binds, or makes firm; a band or bandage.
- A covering to protect the arm of the bowman from the vibration of the string.
*1786: To prevent the bow string from hanging on the left arm, it is covered with a piece of smooth leather, fastened on the outside of the arm, this is called a bracer. — Francis Grose, A Treatise on Ancient Armour and Weapons, page 34.
- (Armor) Category:Armor Armor for the forearm; a brassart.
- A medicine, as an astringent or a tonic, which gives tension or tone to any part of the body.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Bra"cer (&?;), n. 1.
That which braces, binds, or makes firm; a band or bandage.
2. A covering to protect the arm of the bowman from
the vibration of the string; also, a brassart. Chaucer.
3. A medicine, as an astringent or a tonic, which
gives tension or tone to any part of the body. Johnson.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Brcer
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Bracer
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.