There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- An evergreen tree, Artocarpus altilis, native to islands of the east Indian Ocean and western Pacific Ocean.
- The large round fruit of this tree.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Bread"fruit` (&?;), n. (Bot.)
1. The fruit of a tree (Artocarpus incisa)
found in the islands of the Pacific, esp. the South Sea islands. It is of a
roundish form, from four to six or seven inches in diameter, and, when
baked, somewhat resembles bread, and is eaten as food, whence the
2. (Bot.) The tree itself, which is one of
considerable size, with large, lobed leaves. Cloth is made from the bark,
and the timber is used for many purposes. Called also breadfruit
tree and bread tree.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Breadfuit
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Breadfruit
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.