There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- A person who breeds animals professionally
- (gay slang; derogatory) A heterosexual; i.e. one whose sexual intercourse can lead to breeding
- A type of nuclear reactor that creates material suitable for the production of atomic weapons. (See Wikipedia's article on fast breeder reactors.)
- (slang, derogatory) a person who has had or who is capable of having children; a person who is focussed on the rearing of their own children
*1729:"The number of souls in this kingdom being usually reckoned one million and a half, of these I calculate there may be about two hundred thousand couple whose wives are breeders; from which number I subtract thirty thousand couples who are able to maintain their own children, although I apprehend there cannot be so many, under the present distresses of the kingdom; but this being granted, there will remain an hundred and seventy thousand breeders." — Jonathan Swift A Modest Proposal
Usage note: This meaning is generally either an ironic usage (as in the Swift quotation) or an intentionally offensive usage (by implying that parenthood is the same as animal husbandry).
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Breed"er (&?;), n. 1.
One who, or that which, breeds, produces, brings up, etc.
She was a great breeder.
Dr. A. Carlyle.
Italy and Rome have been the best breeders of worthy
2. A cause. "The breeder of my
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Breder
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Breeder
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.