There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- (nautical) a vertical partition dividing the hull into separate compartments; often made watertight to prevent excessive flooding if the ship is holed
- A similar partition in an aircraft or spacecraft.
- Mechanically, a partition or panel through which connectors pass, or a connector designed to pass through a partition.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Bulk"head` (&?;), n. [See Bulk part of
a building.] 1. (Naut.) A partition in a
vessel, to separate apartments on the same deck.
2. A structure of wood or stone, to resist the
pressure of earth or water; a partition wall or structure, as in a mine;
the limiting wall along a water front.
Bulked line, a line beyond which a wharf must not
project; -- usually, the harbor line.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Bulkead
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Bulkhead
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.