There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- (entomology) A flying insect of the order Lepidoptera, usually having colorful/colourful wings.
- A swimming stroke in which the body is prone, the arms are moved in simultaneous circles, and the feet are kicked up and down.
- A use of surgical tape, cut into thin strips and placed across an open wound to hold it closed.
- To cut almost entirely in half and spread the halves apart, in a shape suggesting the wings of a butterfly
- To cut strips of surgical tape or plasters into thin strips, and place across a gaping wound to close it.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
But"ter*fly` (&?;), n.; pl.
Butterflies (&?;). [Perh. from the color of a yellow
species. AS. buter-flēge, buttor-fleóge; cf. G.
butterfliege, D. botervlieg. See Butter, and
Fly.] (Zoöl.) A general name for the numerous
species of diurnal Lepidoptera. [See Illust. under
Asclepias butterfly. See under
Asclepias. -- Butterfly fish
(Zoöl.), the ocellated blenny (Blennius ocellaris)
of Europe. See Blenny. The term is also applied to the flying
gurnard. -- Butterfly shell (Zoöl.),
a shell of the genus Voluta. -- Butterfly
valve (Mech.), a kind of double clack valve,
consisting of two semicircular clappers or wings hinged to a cross rib in
the pump bucket. When open it somewhat resembles a butterfly in
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Butterly
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Butterfly
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.