There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- A cylindrical or rectangular container usually of lightweight metal, plastic, or laminated pasteboard used for holding a dry product (as tea, crackers, flour, matches)
- any of various cylindrical metal receptacles usually with a removable close-fitting top
- A special short range antipersonnel projectile consisting of a casing of light metal, loaded with preformed submissiles such as flechettes or steel balls. The casing is designed to open just beyond the muzzle of the weapon, dispersing the submissiles.
- Component of canister type protective mask containing a mechanical filter and chemical filling to filter, neutralize and/or absorb toxic chemical, biological and radiological agents.
- Projectile component containing colored or screening smoke or riot control agent composition.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
n. [L. canistrum a basket woven from
reeds Gr. &?;, fr. ka`nh, ka`nna reed; cf.
F. canistre. See Cane, and Canaster.]
1. A small basket of rushes, reeds, or
willow twigs, etc.
2. A small box or case for holding tea,
3. (Mil.) A kind of case shot for
cannon, in which a number of lead or iron balls in layers are
inclosed in a case fitting the gun; -- called also canister
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Caniter
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Canister
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.