There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- (chemistry) Any binary compound of carbon and a more electropositive element
- (chemistry) The polyatomic ion C22-, or any of its salts.
- (chemistry) The monatomic ion C4-, or any of its salts.
- (chemistry) A carbon-containing alloy or doping of a metal or semiconductor, such as steel.
- (chemistry) Tungsten carbide.
- (cycling) trivial name for calcium carbide (CaC2), used to produce acetylene in bicycle lamps in the early 1900s.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Car"bide (?), n. [Carbon +
-ide.] (Chem.) A binary compound of carbon
with some other element or radical, in which the carbon plays the
part of a negative; -- formerly termed carburet.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Caride
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Carbide
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.