There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- a type of flower, originally flesh-coloured, but now found in a variety of colours.
- a type of Eurasian plant widely cultivated for its flowers.
- (colour) a rosy pink colour; sometimes, a deep red colour.
- (colour) of a rosy pink or red colour.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Car*na"tion (?), n. [F.
carnation the flesh tints in a painting, It
carnagione, fr. L. carnatio fleshiness, fr.
caro, carnis, flesh. See Carnal.]
1. The natural color of flesh; rosy
Her complexion of the delicate
2. pl. (Paint.) Those parts
of a picture in which the human body or any part of it is
represented in full color; the flesh tints.
The flesh tints in painting are termed
3. (Bot.) A species of
Dianthus (D. Caryophyllus) or pink, having very
beautiful flowers of various colors, esp. white and usually a
rich, spicy scent.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Carnaton
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Carnation
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.