There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- A person or object that carries something else. (aircraft carrier, armored personnel carrier)
- A company in the business of shipping freight.
- A person or animal that transmits a disease to others without itself contracting the disease.
- A signal such as radio, sound, or light that is modulated to transmit information.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Car"ri*er (?), n. [From
Carry.] 1. One who, or that which,
carries or conveys; a messenger.
The air which is but . . . a carrier of the
2. One who is employed, or makes it his
business, to carry goods for others for hire; a porter; a
The roads are crowded with carriers, laden
with rich manufactures.
3. (Mach.) That which drives or
carries; as: (a) A piece which communicates to an
object in a lathe the motion of the face plate; a lathe dog.
(b) A spool holder or bobbin holder in a braiding
machine. (c) A movable piece in magazine guns which transfers the
cartridge to a position from which it can be thrust into the
Carrier pigeon (Zoöl.), a
variety of the domestic pigeon used to convey letters from a
distant point to to its home. -- Carrier
shell (Zoöl.), a univalve shell of the
genus Phorus; -- so called because it fastens bits of
stones and broken shells to its own shell, to such an extent as
almost to conceal it. -- Common carrier
(Law.) See under Common,
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Carrer
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Carrier
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.