There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- A male who has been castrated, especially a male whose testicles have been removed before puberty in order to retain his soprano or alto voice
- A male soprano or alto voice produced by castration of the singer before puberty
- (literally) castrated; especially castrated prepubescently
- having, using, or containing the voice of a castrato (noun)
- originally composed for a castrato
Nowadays, either women or countertenors take the castrato roles.
- castrated; past participle of castrare
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
||Cas*tra"to (?), n. [L., properly
p. p. of castrare. See Castrate.] A male
person castrated for the purpose of improving his voice for
singing; an artificial, or male, soprano.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Castato
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Castrato
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.