There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- not married; unmarried. Sometimes confused with chaste (pure) and sexually abstinent (abstaining from sexual relations and pleasures). Members of religious communities sometimes take vows to remain celibate, since the community is their family.
- person who is not married, especially one who has taken a religious vow not to get married, usually because of being a member of a religious community
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Cel"i*bate (?), n. [L.
aelibatus, fr. caelebs unmarried, single.]
1. Celibate state; celibacy.
He . . . preferreth holy celibate before
the estate of marriage.
2. One who is unmarried, esp. a bachelor,
or one bound by vows not to marry.
Cel"i*bate, a. Unmarried;
single; as, a celibate state.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Celiate
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Celibate
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.