There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- A mountain goat native to Europe.
- A cloth made from the hide of the chamois or material having similar properties.
- (colour)a grayish-yellow colour, like that of chamois leather.
- Of the leather obtained from the hide of the chamois.
- chamois leather
- (colour) of a grayish-yellow colour, like that of chamois leather.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Cham"ois (shăm"m&ybreve; or
sh&adot;*moi"; 277), n. [F. chamois,
prob. fr. OG. gamz, G. gemse.]
1. (Zoöl.) A small species of
antelope (Rupicapra tragus), living on the loftiest
mountain ridges of Europe, as the Alps, Pyrenees, etc. It
possesses remarkable agility, and is a favorite object of
2. A soft leather made from the skin of
the chamois, or from sheepskin, etc.; -- called also chamois
leather, and chammy or shammy leather. See
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Chaois
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Chamois
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.