- the state of being a child
- the time when one is a child - between infancy and puberty
- (by extension) the early stages of development of something
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
CHILDHOOD, n. The period of human life intermediate between the
idiocy of infancy and the folly of youth -- two removes from the sin
of manhood and three from the remorse of age.
- 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue
n. [AS. cildhād; cild child
+ -hād. See Child, and -hood.]
1. The state of being a child; the time in
which persons are children; the condition or time from infancy to
I have walked before you from my
1. Sam. xii. 2.
2. Children, taken collectively.
The well-governed childhood of this
Sir. W. Scott.
3. The commencement; the first
The childhood of our joy.
Second childhood, the state of being
feeble and incapable from old age.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Childood
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Childhood
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.