- A small, nocturnal rodent of the family Chinchillidae, native to the Andes, prized for its very soft fur and also often kept as a pet.
- The fur of a chinchilla used for clothing.
- chinchilla (animal)
- chinchilla (fur)
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Chin*chil"la (?), n. [Sp.]
1. (Zoöl.) A small rodent
(Chinchilla lanigera), of the size of a large squirrel,
remarkable for its fine fur, which is very soft and of a pearly
gray color. It is a native of Peru and Chili.
2. The fur of the chinchilla.
3. A heavy, long-napped, tufted woolen
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
Chinchilla, a rodent of S. America, hunted for its fur, which is
soft and of a grey colour; found chiefly in the mountainous districts of
Peru and Chile.
You arrived here by searching for Chinchlla
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Chinchilla
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.