There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- a tool consisting of a slim oblong block of metal which is flattened to a sharp edge at one end and attached to a handle at the other end. It is used mainly to remove parts of stone or rock by placing the sharp edge against the stone and pounding the handle with a hammer
- (intransitive) to use a chisel
- (transitive) to work something with a chisel
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Chis"el (?), n. [OF. chisel,
F. ciseau, fr. LL. cisellus, prob. for
caesellus, fr. L. caesus, p. p. of caedere
to cut. Cf. Scissors.] A tool with a cutting edge on
one end of a metal blade, used in dressing, shaping, or working
in timber, stone, metal, etc.; -- usually driven by a mallet or
Cold chisel. See under Cold,
Chis"el, v. t. [imp. & p.
p. Chiseled (?), or Chiselled (&?;);
p. pr. & vb. n. Chiseling, or
Chiselling.] [Cf. F. ciseler.] 1.
To cut, pare, gouge, or engrave with a chisel; as, to
chisel a block of marble into a statue.
2. To cut close, as in a bargain; to
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Chsel
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Chisel
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.