There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- Educate or enlighten a person or people to a perceived higher standard of behaviour
- Introduce or impose the standards of one civilization upon another civilization, group or person, arguably with the intent of achieving a perceived higher standard of behaviour
- Bring from a state of savagery to an educated or refined state
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Civ"i*lize (?), v. t. [imp.
& p. p. Civilized (?); p. pr. & vb.
n. Civilizing.] [Cf. F. civilizer, fr.L.
civilis civil. See Civil.] 1.
To reclaim from a savage state; to instruct in the rules and
customs of civilization; to educate; to refine.
Yet blest that fate which did his arms dispose
Her land to civilize, as to subdue.
2. To admit as suitable to a civilized
state. [Obs. or R.] "Civilizing adultery."
Syn. -- To polish; refine; humanize.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Civiize
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Civilize
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.