- of, or relating to clairvoyance
- supposedly able to see things that cannot be perceived by the normal senses
- supposedly able to foresee the future
- someone with this supposed power
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
CLAIRVOYANT, n. A person, commonly a woman, who has the power of
seeing that which is invisible to her patron, namely, that he is a
- 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue
Clair*voy"ant (?), a. [F., fr.
clair clear + voyant, p. pr. of voir to see.
See Clear, and Vision.] Pertaining to
clairvoyance; discerning objects while in a mesmeric state which
are not present to the senses.
Clair*voy"ant n. One who is
able, when in a mesmeric state, to discern objects not present to
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Clairvoyent
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Clairvoyant
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.