There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- The hollow or separation between a woman's breasts, especially as revealed by a low neckline
- The act of cleaving or the state of being cleft
- (mineralogy) The tendency of a crystal to split along specific planes
- (chemistry) The splitting of a large molecule into smaller ones
- (biology) The repeated division of a cell into daughter cells after mitosis
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Cleav"age (?), n.
1. The act of cleaving or
2. (Crystallog.) The quality
possessed by many crystallized substances of splitting readily in
one or more definite directions, in which the cohesive attraction
is a minimum, affording more or less smooth surfaces; the
direction of the dividing plane; a fragment obtained by cleaving,
as of a diamond. See Parting.
3. (Geol.) Division into
laminæ, like slate, with the lamination not necessarily
parallel to the plane of deposition; -- usually produced by
Basal cleavage, cleavage parallel to the
base of a crystal, or to the plane of the lateral axes. --
Cell cleavage (Biol.),
multiplication of cells by fission. See
Segmentation. -- Cubic cleavage,
cleavage parallel to the faces of a cube. --
Diagonal cleavage, cleavage parallel to ta
diagonal plane. -- Egg clavage.
(Biol.) See Segmentation. --
Lateral cleavage, cleavage parallel to the
lateral planes. -- Octahedral, Dodecahedral, or
Rhombohedral, cleavage, cleavage
parallel to the faces of an octahedron, dodecahedron, or
rhombohedron. -- Prismatic cleavage,
cleavage parallel to a vertical prism.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Cleaage
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Cleavage
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.