There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- The point of greatest intensity or force in an ascending series; a culmination
- The turning point in a plot or dramatic action
- An orgasm
- A climax community
- To reach or bring to a climax
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Cli"max (?), n. [L., from Gr. &?;
ladder, staircase, fr. &?; to make to bend, to lean. See
Ladder, Lean, v. i.]
1. Upward movement; steady increase;
gradation; ascent. Glanvill.
2. (Rhet.) A figure in which the
parts of a sentence or paragraph are so arranged that each
succeeding one rises above its predecessor in
"Tribulation worketh patience, patience
experience, and experience hope" -- a happy climax.
J. D. Forbes.
3. The highest point; the greatest
We must look higher for the climax of
To cap the climax, to surpass
everything, as in excellence or in absurdity. [Colloq.]
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Clmax
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Climax
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.