- (archaic): America; the United States; A poetical appellation given in honor of Columbus, the discoverer.
- (archaic): The female personification of the USA.
- Shortened form of Columbia University.
- The space shuttle Columbia.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Co*lum"bi*a (?), n. America;
the United States; -- a poetical appellation given in honor of
Columbus, the discoverer. Dr. T. Dwight.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
Columbia, a district of 70 sq. m. in the State of Maryland, U.S.,
in which Washington, the capital of the Union, stands.
You arrived here by searching for Colubia
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Columbia
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.