There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- The act or process of burning.
- A process wherein a fuel is combined with oxygen from the air, usually at high temperatures, to release heat.
- A similar process where two chemicals are combined to produce heat.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Com*bus"tion (?; 106), n. [L.
combustio: cf. F. combustion.] 1.
The state of burning.
2. (Chem.) The combination of a
combustible with a supporter of combustion, producing heat, and
sometimes both light and heat.
Combustion results in common cases from the
mutual chemical action and reaction of the combustible and the
oxygen of the atmosphere, whereby a new compound is formed.
Supporter of combustion (Chem.),
a gas, as oxygen, the combination of which with a
combustible, as coal, constitutes combustion.
3. Violent agitation; confusion;
There [were] great combustions and
divisions among the heads of the university.
But say from whence this new combustion
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Combuston
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Combustion
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.