There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- One who exercises control and direction of a military or naval organization.
- A naval officer whose rank is above that of a lieutenant commander and below that of captain.
- One who exercises control and direction over a group of persons.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Com*mand"er (?), n. [Cf. F.
commandeur. Cf. Commodore, Commender.]
1. A chief; one who has supreme authority; a
leader; the chief officer of an army, or of any division of
A leader and commander to the people.
Is. lv. 4.
2. (Navy) An officer who ranks
next below a captain, -- ranking with a lieutenant colonel in the
3. The chief officer of a
4. A heavy beetle or wooden mallet, used
in paving, in sail lofts, etc.
Commander in chief, the military title
of the officer who has supreme command of the land or naval
forces or the united forces of a nation or state; a
generalissimo. The President is commander in chief of the
army and navy of the United States.
Syn. -- See Chief.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Commader
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Commander
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.