There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- The act or an instance of committing, putting in charge, keeping, or trust, especially:
- The act of sending a legislative bill to committee for review
- Official consignment sending a person to prison or a mental health institution
- Promise or agreement to do something in the future, especially:
- Assuming a financial obligation at a future date
- Being bound emotionally/intellectually to a course of action or to another person(s)
- Perpetration, in a negative manner, as in a crime or mistake
- State of being pledged or engaged
- The trait of sincerity and focused purpose
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Com*mit"ment (?), n.
1. The act of committing, or putting in
charge, keeping, or trust; consignment; esp., the act of
committing to prison.
They were glad to compound for his bare
commitment to the Tower, whence he was within few days
2. A warrant or order for the
imprisonment of a person; -- more frequently termed a
3. The act of referring or intrusting to
a committee for consideration and report; as, the
commitment of a petition or a bill.
4. A doing, or perpetration, in a bad
sense, as of a crime or blunder; commission.
5. The act of pledging or engaging; the
act of exposing, endangering, or compromising; also, the state of
being pledged or engaged. Hamilton.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Commitmnt
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Commitment
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.