There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- any device used to compensate for something
- (nautical) one of several small magnets placed in the binnacle to neutralize the effect of the ship's metal on the compass
- A building control device used to deliver the compensation relationship or curve between the air temperature outside a building and the temperature of water or air provided to spaces or zones within the building for purposes of heating or cooling. Compensators ensure less heat is provided to a room on a warmer day. They may be implemented mechanically, electronically or in software.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Com"pen*sa`tor (?), n.
1. One who, or that which, compensates; -- a
name applied to various mechanical devices.
2. (Naut.) An iron plate or magnet
placed near the compass on iron vessels to neutralize the effect
of the ship's attraction on the needle.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Compensatar
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Compensator
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.