There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- A slave-girl or group of slave-girls, mostly prominent in ancient cultures
- Signifies a relationship where the male is the dominant partner, socially and economically
- A woman attached to a man solely for reproduction, and who cares for the resulting children without any romantic relationship
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Con"cu*bine (?), n. [F., fr. L.
concubina; con- + cubare to lie down,
concumbere to lie together, akin to E. cubit.]
1. A woman who cohabits with a man without
being his wife; a paramour.
&fist; Concubine has been sometimes, but rarely, used
of a male paramour as well as of a female. Trench.
2. A wife of inferior condition; a lawful
wife, but not united to the man by the usual ceremonies, and of
inferior condition. Such were Hagar and Keturah, the concubines
of Abraham; and such concubines were allowed by the Roman laws.
Their children were not heirs of their father.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Concubne
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Concubine
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.