There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- One who confesses to having done something wrong
- One who confesses his faith in Christianity, especially in the face of persecution
- A priest who hears confession and then gives absolution
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Con*fess"or (?; 277), n. [OF.
confessor, F. confesseur, fr. L. & LL.
confessor.] 1. One who confesses; one
who acknowledges a fault, or the truth of a charge, at the risk
of suffering; specifically, one who confesses himself a follower
of Christ and endures persecution for his faith.
He who dies for religion is a martyr; he who
suffers for it is a confessor.
Our religion which hath been sealed with the blood
of so many martyrs and confessors.
2. A priest who hears the confessions of
others and is authorized to grant them absolution.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Confessar
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Confessor
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.