There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- that contradicts something, such as an argument
- that is itself a contradiction
- that is diametrically opposed to something
- mutually exclusive
- (logic) any of a pair of propositions, that cannot both be true or both be false
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Con`tra*dict"o*ry (?), a. [LL.
contradictorius: cf. F. contradictoire.]
1. Affirming the contrary; implying a denial
of what has been asserted; also, mutually contradicting;
inconsistent. "Contradictory assertions."
2. Opposing or opposed;
Schemes . . . contradictory to common
Con`tra*dict"o*ry, n.; pl.
Contradictories (&?;). 1.
A proposition or thing which denies or opposes another;
It is common with princes to will
2. pl. (Logic) propositions
with the same terms, but opposed to each other both in quality
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Contradictary
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Contradictory
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.