There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- Past tense and past participle of to crook.
- not straight; having one or more bends or angles
We walked up the crooked path to the top of the hill.
- set at an angle; not vertical or square
That picture is crooked - could you straighten it up for me?
- (figurative) dishonest or illegal
He was trying to interest me in another one of his crooked deals.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Crook"ed (kr??k"?d), a.
1. Characterized by a crook or curve; not
straight; turning; bent; twisted; deformed. "Crooked
he is deformed, crooked, old, and sere.
2. Not straightforward; deviating from
rectitude; distorted from the right.
They are a perverse and crooked
Deut. xxxii. 5.
3. False; dishonest; fraudulent; as,
Crooked whisky, whisky on which the
payment of duty has been fraudulently evaded. [Slang, U.S.]
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Croked
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Crooked
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.