There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- A tithing.
- A selection of every tenth person by lot, as for punishment.
- (RQ:Shakespeare Timon), V-v - By decimation and a tithed death, / ... take thou the destin'd tenth.
- 1702: Cotton Mather, Magnalia Christi Americana - And the whole army had cause to enquire into their own rebellions, when they saw the Lord of Hosts, with a dreadful decimation, taking off so many of our brethren by the worst of executioners.
- The destruction of any large proportion, as of people by pestilence or war.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Dec`i*ma"tion (?), n. [L.
decimatio: cf. F. décimation.]
1. A tithing. [Obs.] State Trials
2. A selection of every tenth person by lot,
as for punishment. Shak.
3. The destruction of any large proportion,
as of people by pestilence or war. Milman.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Decimaton
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Decimation
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.