There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- To set apart for a deity or for religious purposes; consecrate.
- To set apart for a special use: dedicated their money to scientific research.
- To commit (oneself) to a particular course of thought or action: dedicated ourselves to starting our own business. See Synonyms at devote.
- To address or inscribe (a literary work, for example) to another as a mark of respect or affection.
- To open (a building, for example) to public use.
- To show to the public for the first time: dedicate a monument.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Ded"i*cate (?), p. a. [L.
dedicatus, p. p. of dedicare to affirm, to dedicate;
de- + dicare to declare, dedicate; akin to
dicere to say. See Diction.] Dedicated; set apart;
devoted; consecrated. "Dedicate to nothing temporal."
Syn. -- Devoted; consecrated; addicted.
Ded"i*cate (?), v. t. [imp. &
p. p. Dedicated; p. pr. & vb. n.
Dedicating.] 1. To set apart and
consecrate, as to a divinity, or for sacred uses; to devote formally
and solemnly; as, to dedicate vessels, treasures, a temple, or
a church, to a religious use.
Vessels of silver, and vessels of gold, . . . which
also king David did dedicate unto the Lord. 2
Sam. viii. 10, 11.
We have come to dedicate a portion of that
field as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives
that that nation might live. . . . But in a larger sense we can not
dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this
ground. A. Lincoln.
2. To devote, set apart, or give up, as one's
self, to a duty or service.
The profession of a soldier, to which he had
dedicated himself. Clarendon.
3. To inscribe or address, as to a
He complied ten elegant books, and dedicated
them to the Lord Burghley. Peacham.
Syn. -- See Addict.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Dediate
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Dedicate
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.