There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- Intended for defence; protective
- A defensive perimeter
- Intended to deter attack
- A defensive missile system
- Performed so as to minimise risk
- Defensive driving
- Displaying an inordinate sensitivity to criticism; cf. paranoid
- (cricket) Of a bowling or fielding tactic designed to prevent the other side from scoring runs.; of a batting tactic designed to prevent being out.
- A means, attitude or position of defense.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
De*fen"sive (?), a. [Cf. F.
défensif.] 1. Serving to defend or
protect; proper for defense; opposed to offensive; as,
A moat defensive to a house.
2. Carried on by resisting attack or
aggression; -- opposed to offensive; as, defensive
3. In a state or posture of defense.
De*fen"sive, n. That which
defends; a safeguard.
Wars preventive, upon just fears, are true
To be on the defensive, To stand on the
defensive, to be or stand in a state or posture of
defense or resistance, in opposition to aggression or
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Defenive
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Defensive
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.