- An act of delegating.
- A group of delegates used to discuss issues with an opponent.
- (computing): A method dispatching technique describing the lookup and inheritance rules for self-referential calls.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
DELEGATION, n. In American politics, an article of merchandise that
comes in sets.
- 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue
Del`e*ga"tion (?), n. [L.
delegatio: cf. F. délégation.]
1. The act of delegating, or investing with
authority to act for another; the appointment of a delegate or
2. One or more persons appointed or chosen,
and commissioned to represent others, as in a convention, in
Congress, etc.; the collective body of delegates; as, the
delegation from Massachusetts; a deputation.
3. (Rom. Law) A kind of novation by
which a debtor, to be liberated from his creditor, gives him a third
person, who becomes obliged in his stead to the creditor, or to the
person appointed by him. Pothier.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Delegaton
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Delegation
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.