De*liv"er*y, n.; pl.
Deliveries (&?;). 1. The act
of delivering from restraint; rescue; release; liberation; as, the
delivery of a captive from his dungeon.
2. The act of delivering up or over;
surrender; transfer of the body or substance of a thing;
distribution; as, the delivery of a fort, of hostages, of a
criminal, of goods, of letters.
3. The act or style of utterance; manner of
speaking; as, a good delivery; a clear
4. The act of giving birth; parturition; the
expulsion or extraction of a fetus and its membranes.
5. The act of exerting one's strength or
Neater limbs and freer delivery.
Sir H. Wotton.
6. The act or manner of delivering a ball;
as, the pitcher has a swift delivery.