There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- an orator or leader who gains favor by exciting the passions and prejudices of the audience
- (ancient) a leader of the people
- to speak or act in the manner of a demagogue
- characteristic of a demagogue
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Dem"a*gogue (?; 115), n. [Gr.
dhmagwgo`s a popular leader; commonly in a bad sense, a
leader of the mob; dh^mos the people + 'agwgo`s
leading, fr. 'a`gein to lead; akin to E. act: cf.
F. démagogue.] A leader of the rabble; one who
attempts to control the multitude by specious or deceitful arts; an
unprincipled and factious mob orator or political leader.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Demagoue
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Demagogue
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.