There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- usually capitalized a in Platonism: the subordinate god who fashions the sensible world in the light of eternal ideas b in some Gnostic systems: an inferior not absolutely intelligent deity who is the creator of the material world and is frequently identified with the creator God of the Old Testament
- something (as an institution, idea, or individual) conceived as an autonomous creative force or decisive power
that too was a gain in spiritual balance, provided the machine was not conceived as a demiurge that ruled all other human needs-- Lewis Mumford
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Dem"i*urge (?), n. [Gr.
dhmioyrgo`s a worker for the people, a workman, especially
the maker of the world, the Creator; dh`mios belonging to
the people (fr. dh^mos the people) + 'e`rgon a
work.] 1. (Gr. Antiq.) The chief
magistrate in some of the Greek states.
2. God, as the Maker of the world.
3. According to the Gnostics, an agent or one
employed by the Supreme Being to create the material universe and
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Demurge
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Demiurge
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.