There's simply no easier way to freecycle than with GreenGonzo.
As an experiment GreenGonzo are testing out their new dictionary facility. If you want to
use our freecycling services please visit our main website. If you want to search our
dictionary please use the box below.
- The act of desolating or laying waste; destruction of inhabitants; depopulation.
- The state of being desolated or laid waste; ruin; solitariness; destitution; gloominess.
- A place or country wasted and forsaken.
- The Nuttall Encyclopedia
Des`o*la"tion (?), n. [F.
désolation, L. desolatio.] 1.
The act of desolating or laying waste; destruction of
Unto the end of the war desolations are
determined. Dan. ix. 26.
2. The state of being desolated or laid
waste; ruin; solitariness; destitution; gloominess.
You would have sold your king to slaughter, . . .
And his whole kingdom into desolation.
3. A place or country wasted and
How is Babylon become a
desolation! Jer. l. 23.
Syn. -- Waste; ruin; destruction; havoc; devastation;
ravage; sadness; destitution; melancholy; gloom; gloominess.
- Webster's Unabridged Dictionary (1913)
You arrived here by searching for Desolaton
The correct spelling of this word ought to be: Desolation
Thank you for trying out the GreenGonzo encyclopedia. This is an experimental directory and we cannot explicitly
vouch for its accuracy.